…And then we invited him to our shelter and drank some vodka. You wouldn’t believe what lightheads they are! Hic!~A drunk survivor
Hoppers are the first sentient species players encounter in the game. At first, they don’t appear friendly, but with time establishing contact with some of their tribes is possible. Their main goal is to terraform subsequent planets from the Stream of the Worlds, and so far, they do a remarkably good job. It’s the main reason why you can see so many species of aliens from Sinsecta on Earth. Hoppers’ knowledge of biology and chemistry branches is on a much higher level than that of humans’ which makes them dangerous foes capable of starting an alien disease outbreak or a chemical attack.
Hopper’s weakness map represents the probability of weakpoints spawning on various alien body parts. Green color highlights the areas where these points generate less often, whereas, in the places marked red, they appear most frequently. Please note that in no way does it affect the damage dealt unless you attack the weakpoint directly. So, for example, if you target the head when no weakpoint is present, you’ll get the same result as if you tried to attack one of the legs.
Hoppers are smart, but that still doesn’t make them invincible. They can be stunned, made dizzy, and blinded.
- Bleed – 0% resistance
- Blind – 50% vulnerability
- Dizzy – 10% vulnerability
- Fear – 0% resistance
- Hatred – 0% resistance
- Ignite – 0% resistance
- Poison – 90% resistance
- Stun – 80% vulnerability
Resistances affect a weapon’s base debuff multiplier (100%). With no resistance, the chance to apply a debuff is what you see on a weapon’s card. So, for example, if your weapon has a 10% Poison enhancement, each hit with that weapon has 10% (base chance) * (100% – 0%) (base debuff multiplier) = 10% chance to apply the Poison debuff. However, with Hoppers’ 80% resistance to the debuff, that number is decreased to 10% * (100% – 90%) = 1% chance. Alternatively, a weapon with a 10% Blind enhancement would be more effective due to Hoppers being vulnerable to the Blinddebuff. 10% * (100% + 50%) = 15% chance to make the target blind.
These facts increase your chance to successfully obtain alien-specific loot:
Currently they do not drop anything.
Hoppers are an intelligent race coming from the planet Sinsecta. They reproduce quickly and conquer the Stream planets with great determination using local species from their homeworld. The race is domestically divided into smaller tribes that usually don’t share common views or goals. Along with the changing generations, Hoppers developed rules regarding planet conquering and how to survive in a world where the Demons and clouds appeared. They have unique social and communication rites that allow them to keep the civilization prospering despite many limitations the race faces. Due to the exceptional plasticity of an infant’s body after hatching, they can be adapted to various environments and conditions. A magnificent example is that of some Hoppers that adapted to a planet’s increased gravity by having shorter legs, straightened, smaller pelvic system, and a thicker external body structure that acts as a spine. Without professional care, young individuals’ figures can petrify in very deformed forms, rendering them disabled for the whole life.