Alefuj

Damn, dude! Look at that atrocity over there! What an ugly!

~Young survivor about to get clapped
Alefuj
Planet of origin: Sinsecta
Forms of damage
Bite: 17
Acid attack: 9
Attacks per turn: 1
Initiative: 27 (Fast)
Height: 140 cm
Average weight: 60 kg
Average health: 35

Alefujs (pol. Ale fuj, literal eng. What an ugly) are the 3rd type of aliens players encounter in the game. They’re not necessarily dangerous, but they can pose a serious threat to unsuspecting newbie players that became bolder with their scavenges after dealing with Badbats. With nearly double the hp pool and damage of the latter, these aliens can come as an unpleasant surprise when faced for the first time.

Contents

Weaknesses

Alefuj’s weakness heatmap

Alefuj’s weakness map represents the probability of weak points spawning on various alien body parts. Green color highlights the areas where these points generate less often, whereas, in places marked red, they appear most frequently. Please note that in no way does it affect the damage dealt unless you attack the weak point directly. So, for example, if you target the head when no weak point is present, you’ll get the same result as if you tried to attack one of the legs.

Resistances

Alefujs usually won’t get scared of anything that they can literally devour in one gulp. However, their inflammable saliva makes them vulnerable to fire. So, igniting them will make them suffer quickly.

  •  Bleed – 0% resistance
  •  Blind – 0% resistance
  •  Dizzy – 0% resistance
  •  Fear – 90% resistance
  •  Hatred – 90% resistance
  •  Ignite – 100% vulnerability
  •  Poison – 0% resistance
  •  Stun – 0% resistance

Resistances affect a weapon’s base debuff multiplier (100%). With no resistance, the chance to apply a debuff is what you see on a weapon’s card. So, for example, if your weapon has a 10% Fear enhancement, each hit with that weapon has 10% (base chance) * (100% – 0%) (base debuff multiplier) = 10% chance to apply the Fear debuff. However, with Alefujs’ 90% resistance against the debuff, that number is reduced to only 10% * (100% – 90%) = 1% chance. Alternatively, a weapon with a 10% Ignite enhancement would be more effective due to Alefujs being vulnerable to flames. 10% * (100% + 100%) = 20% chance to ignite the enemy.

Useful knowledge

These facts increase your chance to successfully obtain alien-specific loot:

Alefuj Blood:
“Their blood is poisonous.”

Alefuj Saliva:
“Their saliva is flammable.”

Drops

When killed, Alefujs have a chance to drop:

Alefuj’s blood, useful for brewing some strong poisons.

Used for creating Poison in the Workshop.

Alefuj Blood

A highly flammable substance, useful for creating torches.

Used as an ingredient for crafting Alefuj Torches and Thermic Lances in the Workshop.

Alefuj Saliva

Related Events

None

Lore

They are an exceptionally resistant and curious species. Both these traits determined their fast migration between planets. Alefujs are swift runners, which makes their hunts a child’s play, and their large jaw allows them to devour the prey whole. Hoppers regularly exterminate the species on their homeworld, which caused it to adapt and to avoid them altogether. It is why Hoppers mainly ignore Alefujs on Leiosa and Earth since they flee at the slightest glimpse of their oppressors.

Leave a Reply