Boipeludo

Boi, this alien has a weird name. Who the hell named it?

~Your Usual Funny Guy
Boipeludo
Planet of origin: Leiosa
Forms of damage
Pierce: 64
Smash: 33
Attacks per turn: 1
Initiative: 30 (Fast)
Height: ???
Average weight: 5754 kg
Average health: 250
First appearance: Chapter 12

Boipeludo is a mid/late-game creature with a huge health pool and relatively fast speed. The alien’s body fur looks similar to that of an Earth bear.

Contents

Weaknesses

Boipeludo’s weakness heatmap

Boipeludo’s weakness map represents the probability of weakpoints spawning on various alien body parts. Green color highlights the areas where these points generate less often, whereas, in the places marked red, they appear most frequently. Please note that in no way does it affect the damage dealt unless you attack the weakpoint directly. So, for example, if you target the body when no weakpoint is present, you’ll get the same result as if you tried to attack the head.

Resistances

Boipeludos are vulnerable to many DoT debuffs. However, their large bodies make it almost impossible to stun or intimidate them. Due to that, they developed pretty aggressive confidence which allows for easily taunting them.

  •  Bleed – 0% resistance
  •  Blind – 5% vulnerability
  •  Dizzy – 30% vulnerability
  •  Fear – 90% resistance
  •  Hatred – 85% vulnerability
  •  Ignite – 90% vulnerability
  •  Poison – 54% vulnerability
  •  Stun – 92% resistance

Resistances affect a weapon’s base debuff multiplier (100%). With no resistance, the chance to apply a debuff is what you see on a weapon’s card. So, for example, if your weapon has a 10% Fear enhancement, each hit with that weapon has 10% (base chance) * (100% – 0%) (base debuff multiplier) = 10% chance to apply the Fear debuff. However, with Boipeludo’s 90% resistance against the debuff, that number is reduced to only 10% * (100% – 90%) = 1% chance. Alternatively, a weapon with a 10% Dizzy enhancement would be more effective due to Boipeludos being vulnerable to dizziness. 10% (100% + 30%) = 13% chance to affect the enemy.

Useful knowledge

These facts increase your chance to successfully obtain alien-specific loot:

TBA

Drops

Currently they do not drop anything.

Related events

None

Lore

The alien lives in a state of constant furiosity and targets every living creature. Even young Boipeludos, who can barely run, attack creatures many times bigger than themselves. There’s a simple way to recognize which Boipeludos live in urban areas. In the cities, they often rub their bodies against the walls of buildings which exposes their bare, gray bones and their jaws are not covered by skin. It’s best to avoid these aliens due to their speed and how easy it is to underestimate how far they can reach with their horn. A practical fact that might come in handy for survivors is that the creature’s fur is flammable.

Trivia

  • The name Boipeludo comes from Portuguese and can literally be translated as “hairy ox,” but the name “boizengado” (angry ox) fits their nature better.

Leave a Reply