Demon

I… I left them. I had to. They just dropped to the ground, faces… Their faces left in an expression of shock, not even a grimace of pain… You couldn’t even tell, maybe they were still alive, paralyzed, waiting for death… I didn’t dare to check, they started swarming. One of them grazed me. But it never really touched my body, it was as if my soul was being siphoned out. Haha… I could’ve gone to heaven…

~A traumatized survivor after being ambushed by Demons
Demon
Planet of origin: Unknown
Forms of damage
Shock: 160
Attacks per turn: 1 – 2
Initiative: 11 (slow)
Height: 270 cm
Average weight: 1 kg
Average health: 10,410

Not much is known about the Demons. They are the strongest, most durable creatures you’re ever gonna meet. And trust me, you don’t want to meet them. Their attack is deadly and can kill any inexperienced survivor in one hit. When encountered, it is advisable to run. Despite that, some of the strongest shelters hunt Demons. Rumors are that their threads can greatly improve any weapon’s durability. But is it really worth the price of life?

Contents

Weaknesses

Demon’s weakness heatmap

Demon’s weakness map represents the probability of weakpoints spawning on various alien body parts. Green color highlights the areas where these points generate less often, whereas, in the places marked red, they appear most frequently. Please note that in no way does it affect the damage dealt unless you attack the weakpoint directly. So, for example, if you target the head when no weakpoint is present, you’ll get the same result as if you tried to attack the flagella.

Resistances

Demons are eerie creatures. They don’t seem to exist on the same plane of existence as us, and as such, they are unaffected by most types of status ailments. Some survivors claim they’ve specialized in luring them away from their party members by using certain weapons. There’s a thin line between bravery and foolishness, though.

  • Bleed – Immune
  • Blind – Immune
  • Dizzy – Immune
  • Fear – Immune
  • Hatred – 90% resistance
  • Ignite – Immune
  • Poison – Immune
  • Stun – Immune

Resistances affect a weapon’s base debuff multiplier (100%). With no resistance, the chance to apply a debuff is what you see on a weapon’s card. So, for example, if your weapon has a 10% Hatred enhancement, each hit with that weapon has 10% (base chance) * (100% – 0%) (base debuff multiplier) = 10% chance to apply the Hatred debuff. However, with Demons’ 90% resistance against the debuff, that number is reduced to only 10% * (100% – 90%) = 1% chance.

Useful knowledge

These facts increase your chance to successfully obtain alien-specific loot:

Demon Thread:
“After the Demon’s death, it is possible to find a barely visible, tangled, and extremely durable thread.”

Drops

When killed along with your survivors, Demons have a chance to drop:

Almost transparent, thin thread, useful for improving weapon durability.

Used for crafting Hairline Combat Ball, and Knightmare Lance in the Workshop.

Demon Thread

Related events

Lore

Demons are energy creatures. That means they feed on electricity and the energy of living beings. They exist between dimensions, but when they detect a living creature, they partially materialize in our world. Demons use their flagellae to try to blindly make contact with a victim’s body. Upon succeeding, they rapidly start sucking out the energy. Sometimes it’s really eye-catching, the body of the prey starts illuminating from inside, sometimes it goes darker, sometimes it gets burnt, and lastly, there are cases where the body floats in the air and then falls inertly. There are many theories as to what these creatures are and where they came from, but there are no certain answers.

Sounds

Demon encounter
Demon defeated

Trivia

  • Demons were originally meant to be an undefeatable foe and a final obstacle to prevent unlimited looting. Back when there were no weakpoints or special weapons, one can imagine how long and hard the battles could be.
  • The current documented speedrunning record of killing a Demon, starting from scratch and no in-app purchases, is 12 in-game days. Video

Leave a Reply