Melengpu

The head… It’s dead, isn’t it?

~Survivor inspecting a death trap
Melengpu
Planet of origin: Sinsecta
Forms of damage
Claw: 30
Stab: 30
Attacks per turn: 3 – 5
Initiative: 57 (Extremely Fast)
Height: 190 cm
Average weight: 2409 kg
Average health: 1392
First appearance: Chapter 20

Melengpu is a variation of Crabber, crossed with some predator from the planet Sinsecta, possibly by Crabber tissues in the Karma Halls (special Crabber structures). The creature first appeared on the planet Sinsecta. Melengpu has strange internal construction, and because of this is hellishly resistant. It is one of the largest predators you can meet!
Melengpu also has some very unique features – it can spot Demons, doesn’t attack Crabbers, and never bleeds! Since the creature does not bleed, it can survive for a very long time after being defeated. Even if only a head fragment remains attached to the body, Melengpu can stay in this state for weeks and kill its victim by clenching its jaws. Interestingly, the creatures like attacking Hoppers and Knightmares, as if they were programmed to fight precisely against these species.

Contents

Weaknesses

Melengpu’s weakness heatmap

Melengpu’s weakness map represents the probability of weak points spawning on various alien body parts. The green color highlights the areas where these points generate less often, whereas they appear most frequently in the places marked red. Please note that in no way does it affect the damage dealt unless you attack the weak point directly.

Resistances

  •  Bleed – 90% resistance
  •  Blind – 66% resistance
  •  Dizzy – 88% resistance
  •  Fear – 90% resistance
  •  Hatred – 160% vulnerability
  •  Ignite – 1% resistance
  •  Poison – 50% resistance
  •  Stun – 97% resistance

Resistances affect a weapon’s base debuff multiplier (100%). With no resistance, the chance to apply a debuff is what you see on a weapon’s card. So, for example, if your weapon has a 10% Bleed enhancement, each hit with that weapon has 10% (base chance) * (100% – 0%) (base debuff multiplier) = 10% chance to apply Bleed debuff. However, with Melengpus’ 90% resistance against the debuff, that number is lowered to 10% * (100% – 90%) = 1% chance. Alternatively, a weapon with a 10% Hatred enhancement would be more effective due to Melengpus being vulnerable to the Hatred debuff. 10% * (100% + 160%) = 26% chance to make the target hate you.

Drops

When killed, Melengpus have a chance to drop:

Compared to these crystals, TNT looks like a confetti firecracker.

Melengpu Crystalized Goo

Light and durable – perfect for the construction of an outfit for a hockey player.

Melengpu Shields

Leave a Reply