Turtiger

Looks to me like an amalgamation of a lion and a tiger. And a little of a scorpion… and a bull.

~Crazy Scientist
Turtiger
Planet of origin: El’Craft
Forms of damage
Biting: 20
Tail: 46
Attacks per turn: 1
Initiative: 25 (fast)
Height: 165 cm
Average weight: 250 kg
Average health: 100

Turtigers are mid-game aliens that attack in organized groups. Their pressure tail can be used both as a means of attack and defense. It’s a valuable material necessary to craft some of the endgame weapons.

Contents

Weaknesses

Turtiger’s weakness heatmap

Turtiger’s weakness map represents the probability of weakpoints spawning on various alien body parts. Green color highlights the areas where these points spawn less often, whereas in the places marked red they appear most frequently. Please note that in no way does it affect the damage dealt unless you attack the weakpoint directly. So, for example, if you target the head when no weakpoint is present, you’ll get the same result as if you tried to attack one of the legs.

Resistances

Turtigers are armored everywhere, except on the abdomen and the belt in front of the back legs, making stun and fire attacks less effective. They are more vulnerable to piercing damage, though, which can cause bleeding.

  •  Bleed – 30% vulnerability
  •  Blind – 0% resistance
  •  Dizzy – 0% resistance
  •  Fear – 20% resistance
  •  Hatred – 0% resistance
  •  Ignite – 90% resistance
  •  Poison – 0% resistance
  •  Stun – 90% resistance

Resistances affect a weapon’s base debuff multiplier (100%). With no resistance, the chance to apply a debuff is what you see on a weapon’s card. So, for example, if your weapon has a 10% Stun enhancement, each hit with that weapon has 10% (base chance) * (100% – 0%) (base debuff multiplier) = 10% chance to apply the Stun debuff. However, with Turtigers’ 90% resistance against the debuff, that number is reduced to only 10% * (100% – 90%) = 1% chance to stun the target. Alternatively, a weapon with a 10% Bleed enhancement would be more effective due to Turtigers being vulnerable to bleeding. 10% * (100% + 30%) = 13% chance to make the enemy bleed.

Useful knowledge

These facts increase your chance to successfully obtain alien-specific loot:

Turtiger Pressure Tail:
“In the tail, there is a biological hydraulic mechanism that significantly increases the impact force.”

Turtiger Poison:
“The spike on the tail contains venom, toxic to other creatures from El’Craft.”

Drops

When killed, Turtigers have a chance to drop:

A hermetic pressure structure, enables the construction of interesting throwing weapons.

Used for crafting Hydro Launcher (Component) in the Workshop.

Turtiger Pressure Tail

Poisonous venom for most of the influx species, guess the rest.

Used for crafting Poison in the Workshop.

Turtiger Venom

Related events

None

Lore

On El’Craft, Turtigers were Earth counterparts of rats. They used to hide in burrows and hunt insects. Due to their small size, compared to other creatures on their homeworld, they avoided any large predators, and their only form of defense was a tail containing a specific neurotoxin that could cause a paralyzing pain for other species from the planet. On subsequent planets, the species began evolving, and nowadays, Turtigers very rarely build any burrows. Instead, they depend more on their speed. The toxin turned out to be completely ineffective against the creatures from other worlds. Thus, tails gained an exceptional property – at the moment of the impact, an eerie structure activates that additionally increases the piercing strength.

Leave a Reply