Cotoje

That’s one hell of a giant mite!

~An experienced survivor
Cotoje
Planet of origin: Sinsecta
Forms of damage
Biting: 31
Attacks per turn: 1
Initiative: 8 (Very Slow)
Height: 270 cm
Average weight: 2500 kg
Average health: 120

Cotoje (pol. Co to je, literal eng. What does it eat) are aliens that you’ll usually meet in the mid-game. They may not seem that threatening because of their poor aim, but they can dish out quite the damage when the hit lands.

Contents

Weaknesses

Cotoje’s weakness heatmap

Cotoje’s weakness map represents the probability of weak points spawning on various alien body parts. Green color highlights the areas where these points generate less often, whereas, in the places marked red, they appear most frequently. Please note that in no way does it affect the damage dealt unless you attack the weak point directly. So, for example, if you target the head when no weak point is present, you’ll get the same result as if you tried to attack the belly.

Resistances

Cotojes are tough creatures, resistant to many status ailments.

  •  Bleed – 0% resistance
  •  Blind – 90% resistance
  •  Dizzy – 0% resistance
  •  Fear – 99% resistance
  •  Hatred – 90% resistance
  •  Ignite – 0% resistance
  •  Poison – 0% resistance
  •  Stun – 95% resistance

Resistances affect a weapon’s base debuff multiplier (100%). With no resistance, the chance to apply a debuff is what you see on a weapon’s card. So, for example, if your weapon has a 10% Blind enhancement, each hit with that weapon has 10% (base chance) * (100% – 0%) (base debuff multiplier) = 10% chance to apply the Blind debuff. However, with Cotoje’s 90% resistance against the debuff, that number is reduced to only 10% * (100% – 90%) = 1% chance.


Useful knowledge

These facts increase your chance to successfully obtain alien-specific loot:

Cotoje Skin:
“On the back, there is a harder, elastic skin resembling armor.”

Drops

When killed, Cotojes have a chance to drop:

Cotoje’s leather, ideal for rope production.

Used to craft a Rope in the Workshop.

Cotoje Skin

Related events

Lore

Awkward, slow, and stupid at the first appearance, but the fact that this species is responsible for exterminating most of the fauna from the Stream’s planets is undeniable. Adult individuals produce up to several thousand packets of larvae each day. Grown Cotoje aren’t as dangerous as larvae, though. The larvae can infect bodies of water and gather on riverbanks and coasts, waiting for an occasion to penetrate their prey’s body. After drinking contaminated water, a horrible process starts. Cotoje reproduce in a host’s organism, leading a parasitic life. They begin with adipose tissue first, and then they slowly attack other body parts until the host’s death. They can survive several dozen years that way, by absorbing the nutrients through the skin. Some larvae rapidly grow and, as long as they have enough sustenance, can quickly turn into a big, adult specimen. The growth process is artificially initiated by Hoppers, although it is not known how it’s being done.

Leave a Reply