Lampreda

Does it have parasites inside?

~Curious Scientist
Lampreda
Planet of origin: Sinsecta
Forms of damage
Pierce: 28
Fang: 35
Attacks per turn: 1
Initiative: 18 (Slow)
Height: ??? cm
Average weight: 82 kg
Average health: 123
First appearance: Chapter 6

This creature is an exceptionally large parasite, feeding primarily on very large organisms from the planet Sinsecta, such as Niepuszcza and Cotoje. The creature has a very interesting and complex reproductive process. The development phases of Lampreda are egg, larva, pupa and imago – an adult specimen. In the form of an imago, it is known and called Lampreda. After leaving the host’s body, Lampreda’s lifespan is short, max. of 2 years. At this time, guided by their sense of smell, they look for another individual where they can lay their eggs. When they find such an individual, they attach themselves to it with strong jaws and become practically inert. They can be touched and even killed without ever waking Lampreda. When attached to their host, they take tiny portions of food directly from the body of the host. This is an interesting phenomenon because terrestrial parasites often increase body weight many times over at the expense of the host. Unlike terrestrial parasites, Lampreda is more symbiotic than parasitic at this stage. Lampredas vegetate attached to the skin of the Niepuszcza, and when the need arises, they wake up and fiercely defend their host, putting their lives at risk. They are probably aware that their eggs, larvae or pupae are in the Niepuszcza.

Contents

Weaknesses

TBA

Resistances

TBA

  •  Bleed – 70% vulnerability
  •  Blind – 80% resistance
  •  Dizzy – 150% vulnerability
  •  Fear – 99% resistance
  •  Hatred – 80% vulnerability
  •  Ignite – 90% vulnerability
  •  Poison – 10% vulnerability
  •  Stun – 80% resistance

Resistances affect a weapon’s base debuff multiplier (100%). With no resistance, the chance to apply a debuff is what you see on a weapon’s card. So, for example, if your weapon has a 10% Blind enhancement, each hit with that weapon has 10% (base chance) * (100% – 0%) (base debuff multiplier) = 10% chance to apply Blind debuff. However, with Lampredas’ 80% resistance against the debuff, that number is lowered to 10% * (100% – 80%) = 2% chance. Alternatively, a weapon with a 10% Dizzy enhancement would be more effective due to Lampreda being vulnerable to the Dizzy debuff. 10% * (100% + 150%) = 25% chance to make the target hate you.

Useful knowledge

These facts increase your chance to successfully obtain alien-specific loot:

Lampreda’s Saliva:
TBA

Lampreda Larva:
TBA

Drops

When killed, Lampredas have a chance to drop:

It forces parasites to leave a body, so be prepared for the consequences.

Lampreda’s saliva

Be careful! Dried larvae are highly radioactive.

Lampreda larva

Related events

  • None

Lore

TBA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *