Niepuszcza

NOOOO! LET ME GO!

~A survivor trapped between Niepuszcza’s teeth
Niepuszcza
Planet of origin: Sinsecta
Forms of damage
Biting: 75
Attacks per turn: 1
Initiative: 6 (Very Slow)
Height: 170 cm
Average weight: 2500 kg
Average health: 260

Niepuszczas (pol. Nie puszcza, literal eng. Won’t let go) are one of the toughest creatures of Sinsecta origin. They are known for their large, durable bodies and trap-like mouths that deal massive damage. They resemble sundews, only that they are bigger and have literal teeth inside. Fortunately, Niepuszczas are quite slow, so they can be dealt with before they attempt to trap anyone.

Contents

Weaknesses

Niepuszcza’s weakness heatmap

Niepuszcza’s weakness map represents the probability of weakpoints spawning on various alien body parts. Green color highlights the areas where these points generate less often, whereas, in the places marked red, they appear most frequently. Please note that in no way does it affect the damage dealt unless you attack the weakpoint directly. So, for example, if you target the teeth when no weakpoint is present, you’ll get the same result as if you tried to attack the lower body.

Resistances

Niepuszczas are so massive that they don’t really need to fear anything. However, their skin can be easily set on fire. If your weapon has a Dizzy effect, this will also be effective against them.

  •  Bleed – 0% resistance
  •  Blind – 95% resistance
  •  Dizzy – 100% vulnerability
  •  Fear – 80% resistance
  •  Hatred – 0% resistance
  •  Ignite – 100% vulnerability
  •  Poison – 0% resistance
  •  Stun – 99% resistance

Resistances affect a weapon’s base debuff multiplier (100%). With no resistance, the chance to apply a debuff is what you see on a weapon’s card. So, for example, if your weapon has a 10% Fear enhancement, each hit with that weapon has 10% (base chance) * (100% – 0%) (base debuff multiplier) = 10% chance to apply the Fear debuff. However, with Niepuszczas’ 80% resistance against the debuff, that number is reduced to only 10% * (100% – 80%) = 2% chance. Alternatively, a weapon with a 10% Ignite enhancement would be more effective due to Niepuszczas being vulnerable to flames. 10% * (100% + 100%) = 20% chance to ignite the enemy.

Useful knowledge

These facts increase your chance to successfully obtain alien-specific loot:

Niepuszcza Rib:
“Bone fragments on the skin can reflexly hit if they sense the touch on the skin.”

Niepuszcza Teeth:
“Their teeth can be used as a weapon due to their sharpness and hardness.”

Drops

When killed, Niepuszczas have a chance to drop:

A young rib, of unusual construction, brilliant to improve the work of bows and crossbows.

Used to upgrade weapons like Thermic Lance and Tectonic Hammer

Niepuszcza Rib

A sharp and hard thing, brilliant for the production of blades.

Used for crafting Bone Knife, Bladed Gauntlet, Shiv, and Knightmare Lance in the Workshop.

Niepuszcza Teeth

Related events

None

Lore

One of the creatures purposely dragged on subsequent Stream planets by Hoppers so they can help spread parasites from Sinsecta and allow for a quick terraformation. In their language, Niepuszcza’s name means “won’t let go” – as in “that which it bites – it won’t let go.” The species is very resistant to losing parts of its body, which allows even bigger specimens to jump through relatively small clouds. Niepuszcza’s cocoons, often found after the passage of a large individual, aren’t eggs. Rather, they’re the means of cleansing one’s body from parasites. Parasites are lured to a cocoon by high pressure and lumps of fat residing inside and then forced into the tissue that is quickly excreted like an egg. Parasite rains (oftentimes consisting of Cotoje larvae) that sometimes fall on Earth are the direct result of a Niepuszcza cocoon being torn during teleportation.

Leave a Reply